Yep, you read it right….blueberry turkey meatballs.
A post I shared on Facebook and Twitter about ways to preserve blueberries caught the attention of Arian at Enliven Magazine. She offered some great ways to use blueberries, including incorporating them into turkey meatballs. As many recipes as I’ve experimented with, I’ve never come across a recipe that uses blueberries this way. Since blueberries top the list of superfoods, offering our body health-promoting phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and more – I asked if I could share her recipe.
You have to be creative when you have little ones.
- Arian, Enliven Magazine
So for all the parents out there or anyone looking for new ways to use blueberries…this recipe is for you! Thanks, Arian!
BBQ Blueberry Turkey Meatballs
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh if possible)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Puree blueberries and soy sauce in a blender or food processor until they are sauce like.
- Peel and mince ginger.
- Add blueberries, lemon, ginger, and black pepper to ground turkey.
- Mix and then form into meatballs
Click here for a recipe for Blueberry BBQ sauce.
To trying something new,