Summary:: A simple, nutrient dense way to greet the day.
Note: Steel-cut oatmeal can be made in big batches and stored in the fridge or frozen to be enjoyed later.
- 1 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin (I like Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- honey, to taste
- Add water and milk to medium saucepot. Bring to a low boil.
- Slowly stir in the oats.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes (or to desired consistency). Stir frequently.
- Spoon in pumpkin and cinnamon. Stir well and cook an additional 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl or portable container.
- Drizzle with honey or other natural sweetner to taste.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4